Friday, February 22, 2013

There is NOTHING interesting about 5:00 a.m.

It's Friday night, it's 10:00pm, and I'm going to bed.

That's the norm these past couple of weeks since my 4 year old daughter has decided to start waking up around then and calling out to my wife and I wanting to get up. After some debate, and threats of taking away certain stuffed friends, she quiets down, and even goes back to sleep, but then, I'm awake for the day.

I hear my friends with older children complain how hard it is to get their kids out of bed in the mornings, and to them I say, "Shut the hell up."  I sincerely can't wait for those days. There appears to be a bit of light towards the end of this tunnel as our 6 year old son pretty routinely sleeps until 7:00 a.m. I know, that too sounds early, but it's heaven compared to 5:00 a.m.

That's all for tonight as I am genuinely excited to get upstairs and go to sleep.

Yup....livin' the dream, as they say.

G'night.


2 comments:

  1. I unfortunately am up for work before 5am during the week and your not wrong other than I have a great relationship with my Timmy's "girls" who are just finishing the midnight shift when I get there and sometime get my coffee poured when they see my car pull up. lol "You Facoffee???"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! But no....you Facoffee!

      By the way...maybe writing about it triggered something...she slept until 6:40 this morning! Woohoo!

      Delete